Using Hypothes.is for Low-Stakes Assessment with Timely Feedback
This activity ensures students' preparation for class using an annotation tool with peer-to-peer interaction to increase the understanding of complex scientific journal articles. Hypothes.is is integrated into Canvas, allowing for frequent low-stakes assessment with timely feedback.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 6: Technology for Teaching and Learning
- Objective: 6.1 The tools and media support the course learning objectives/outcomes.
- Objective: 6.2 Instructor takes advantage of the current tools provided by the Learning Management System (or similar) to enhance learning.
- Material Type: Assessment Tool
- Author: Jill Citron, Instructor
- Institution: San Jose State University
- Date Created: 2021-07-25
- Course Format: Hybrid / Blended
- LMS: Canvas
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 6: Course Technology
- Standard: 6.1 The tools used in the course support the learning objectives or competencies.
- Standard: 6.3 A variety of technology is used in the course.