Grading Rubric for Article Analysis Assignment
In this Criminal Law class students are to select a recent article and discuss it in relation to the class on the discussion board. This rubric was developed to assess the online participation and contributions to the discussion board. Both the analysis and the response are scored on a scale from 4 to 1 as exemplary, accomplished, developing, and beginning.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 2: Assessment and Evaluation of Student Learning
- Objective: 2.4 The assessment instruments (e.g., rubrics) are detailed and appropriate to the student work and respective outcomes being assessed. This includes assessing modes of online participation and contributions.
- Material Type: Assessment Tool
- Author: Michael Yonker, Instructor
- Institution: California State University, Fresno
- Date Created: 2021-07-16
- Course Format: Online
- LMS: Canvas
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 3: Assessment and Measurement
- Standard: 3.1 The assessments measure the achievement of the stated learning objectives or competencies.
- Standard: 3.3 Specific and descriptive criteria are provided for the evaluation of learners’ work, and their connection to the course grading policy is clearly explained.
- Standard: 3.4 The assessments used are sequenced, varied, and suited to the level of the course.