Grading Rubric for Article Analysis Assignment
Michael Yonker, an Instructor at Fresno State, provides a rubric used in his Criminal Law class where students select a recent article and discuss it in relation to the class on the discussion board. The rubric was developed to assess the online participation and contributions to the discussion board. Both the analysis and the response are scored on a scale from 4 to 1 as exemplary, accomplished, developing, and beginning.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 2: Assessment of Student Learning
- Objective: 2.4 The assessment instruments (e.g., rubrics, grading sheets) are detailed and appropriate to the student work and respective outcomes being assessed. This includes assessing modes of online participation and contributions.
- Material Type: Assessment Tool
- Author: Michael Yonker , Instructor
- Institution: California State University, Fresno
- Date Created: 2021-07-16
- Course Format: Online
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 3: Assessment and Measurement
- Standard: 3.1 The assessments measure the achievement of the stated learning objectives.
- Standard: 3.3 Specific and descriptive criteria are provided for the evaluation of learners’ work, and their connection to the course grading policy is clearly explained.
- Standard: 3.4 The course includes multiple types of assessments that are sequenced and suited to the level of the course.