Syllabus - Updated Policies and Diversity Statement
Christopher Moss, an Instructor from Fresno State, provides a syllabus updated to be more inclusive with diversity and accessibility information. Sample templates were provided by Fresno State and added to provide an update to the syllabus that is more accessible and inclusive.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 1: Course Overview and Introduction
- Objective: 1.9 The course syllabus includes a personal or departmental statement that is aligned with the institution or college’s messages relating to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and provides means by which students can address violations of these policies and ideals with their instructor, peers, and/or university administrators.
QLT Section 8: Accessibility and Universal Design
- Objective: 8.2 The syllabus must include links to the campus’ disability support services resources and policy related to the accessibility of courses and/or instructional materials and may be included in the LMS whether it is required or recommended by the institution. Students can clearly ascertain the role of the instructor in providing support for those officially registered with the campus disability support services office.
- Material Type: Syllabus
- Author: Christopher Moss
- Institution: California State University, Fresno
- Date Created: 2021-07-10
- Course Format: Online
- LMS: Canvas
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 7: Learner Support
- Standard: 7.2 Course instructions articulate or link to the institution’s accessibility policies and services.