Erin Hughes, an Instructor from CSU Stanislaus, provides a rubric to grade written essays and set clear grading standards/expectations for students. The point values can easily be added based on each writing assignment. The use of this rubric streamlines the grading process and allows for more comprehensive feedback on specific points addressed in the rubric.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 2: Assessment of Student Learning
- Objective: 2.4 The assessment instruments (e.g., rubrics, grading sheets) are detailed and appropriate to the student work and respective outcomes being assessed. This includes assessing modes of online participation and contributions.
- Material Type: Assessment Tool
- Author: Erin Hughes , Instructor
- Institution: California State University, Stanislaus
- Date Created: 2021-07-25
- Course Format: Online
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 3: Assessment and Measurement
- Standard: 3.1 The assessments measure the achievement of the stated learning objectives or competencies.
- Standard: 3.3 Specific and descriptive criteria are provided for the evaluation of learners’ work, and their connection to the course grading policy is clearly explained.
- Standard: 3.4 The assessments used are sequenced, varied, and suited to the level of the course.