Video Self-Check Quizzes for Asynchronous Learners
Joseph Ross, an Instructor at Fresno State, provides his students with brief lecture videos that they watch before coming to class which allows students to self-check their learning. Each video is followed by one short self-check multiple-choice quiz item (ungraded), including a description of the correct answer. The link to the quiz immediately follows the link to the video on each Canvas page. This approach provides on-demand feedback for asynchronous video use.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 2: Assessment of Student Learning
- Objective: 2.5 Throughout the semester, the instructor provides multiple opportunities to give feedback on students’ learning, and to help students "self-check" their learning.
- Material Type: Assessment Tool
- Author: Joseph Ross , Instructor
- Institution: California State University, Fresno
- Date Created: 2011-08-12
- Course Format: Hybrid / Blended
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 3: Assessment and Measurement
- Standard: 3.5 The course provides learners with multiple opportunities to track their learning progress with timely feedback.