Course Homepage with Buttons to Access Modules
Illustration / Graphic
Katherine Fobear, an Instructor from Fresno State, shares the design of a Canvas homepage that includes a course description, with links to the syllabus and individual modules that are clearly labeled. All buttons include alt tags as evident by the Ally accessibility indicators.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 4: Student Interaction and Community
- Objective: 4.3 Navigation throughout the online components of the course is logical, consistent, and efficient.
QLT Section 8: Accessibility and Universal Design
- Objective: 8.3 Course design, documents, and learning materials created by the instructor or from external sources are in formats that are accessible to students using assistive technologies. A “met” score does not imply that all materials are fully accessible to all students, but that 85% or more of the materials meet general standards for accessibility.
- Material Type: Illustration / Graphic
- Author: Katherine Fobear , Instructor
- Institution: California State University, Fresno
- Date Created: 2021-08-13
- Course Format: Online
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 7: Learner Support
- Standard: 7.2 Course instructions articulate or link to the institution’s accessibility policies and services.
- QM General Standard 8: Accessibility and Usability
- Standard: 8.1 Course navigation facilitates ease of use.
- Standard: 8.2 The course design facilitates readability.
- Standard: 8.3 The course provides accessible text and images in files, documents, LMS pages, and web pages to meet the needs of diverse learners.