The design of this Canvas homepage is not only clear and user-friendly, but is also accessible on multiple platforms. Information and links to the syllabus and individual modules are clearly labeled. Students entering the class learn immediately where to start and can easily navigate the inviting and cohesive online class environment.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 4: Student Interaction and Community
- Objective: 4.3 Navigation throughout the online components of the course is logical, consistent, and efficient.
QLT Section 8: Accessibility and Universal Design
- Objective: 8.3 A clear explanation of the disability support services (DSS) is provided and clear links to DSS resources are provided.
- Material Type: Home Page for Canvas Class
- Author: Katherine Fobear
- Institution: California State University, Fresno
- Date Created: 2021-08-13
- Course Format: Online
- LMS: Canvas
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 7: Learner Support
- Standard: 7.2 Course instructions articulate or link to the institution’s accessibility policies and services.
- QM General Standard 8: Accessibility and Usability
- Standard: 8.1 Course navigation facilitates ease of use.
- Standard: 8.2 The course design facilitates readability.