The design of this Canvas homepage is not only clear and user-friendly, but is also accessible on multiple platforms. Information and links to the syllabus and individual modules are clearly labeled. Students entering the class learn immediately where to start and can easily navigate the inviting and cohesive online class environment.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 4: Student Interaction and Community
- Objective: 4.3 Navigation throughout the online components of the course is logical, consistent, and efficient.
QLT Section 8: Accessibility and Universal Design
- Objective: 8.3 Course design, documents, and learning materials created by the instructor or from external sources are in formats that are accessible to students using assistive technologies. A “met” score does not imply that all materials are fully accessible to all students, but that 85% or more of the materials meet general standards for accessibility.
- Material Type: Home Page for Canvas Class
- Author: Katherine Fobear
- Institution: California State University, Fresno
- Date Created: 2021-08-13
- Course Format: Online
- LMS: Canvas
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 7: Learner Support
- Standard: 7.2 Course instructions articulate or link to the institution’s accessibility policies and services.
- QM General Standard 8: Accessibility and Usability
- Standard: 8.1 Course navigation facilitates ease of use.
- Standard: 8.2 The course design facilitates readability.
- Standard: 8.3 The course provides accessible text and images in files, documents, LMS pages, and web pages to meet the needs of diverse learners.