The design of this Canvas homepage is not only clear and user-friendly, but is also accessible on multiple platforms. Information and links to the syllabus and individual modules are clearly labeled. Students entering the class learn immediately where to start and can easily navigate the inviting and cohesive online class environment.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 7: Learner Support and Resources
- Objective: 7.2 The course syllabus (or related) lists and/or links to a clear explanation of the technical support provided by the campus and suggestions as to when and how students should access it.
- Objective: 7.3 Course syllabus (or related) provides an introduction to campus academic (non–technical) support services and resources available to support students in achieving their educational goals. E.g., Disability Support Services, Writing Center, Tutoring Center.
- Objective: 7.4 Course syllabus (or related) provides information regarding how the institution’s student support (non–academic, non–technical) services and resources (E.g., advising, mentoring) can help students succeed and how they can these services.
QLT Section 8: Accessibility and Universal Design
- Objective: 8.1 Syllabus (or similar) links to the campus accessible policy, whether it is required or recommended by the institution.
- Objective: 8.5 Course documents and text materials created by the instructor or from external sources are in formats that are accessible to students with disabilities.
- Material Type: Home Page for Canvas Class
- Author: Katherine Fobear
- Institution: California State University, Fresno
- Date Created: 2021-08-13
- Course Format: Online
- LMS: Canvas
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 7: Learner Support
- Standard: 7.1 The course instructions articulate or link to a clear description of the technical support offered and how to obtain it.
- Standard: 7.2 Course instructions articulate or link to the institution’s accessibility policies and services.
- Standard: 7.3 Course instructions articulate or link to the institution’s academic support services and resources that can help learners succeed in the course.
- Standard: 7.4 Course instructions articulate or link to the institution’s student services and resources that can help learners succeed.
- QM General Standard 8: Accessibility and Usability
- Standard: 8.3 The course provides accessible text and images in files, documents, LMS pages, and web pages to meet the needs of diverse learners.