Group Annotation Discussion Using Perusall
Natalie Thompson, an Instructor from CSU Bakersfield, shares a peer to peer annotation activity using the tool Perusall where students read and annotate a scholarly article. Detailed instructions are provided for the students about the discussion requirements.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 4: Student Interaction and Community
- Objective: 4.4 Learning activities facilitate and support active learning that encourages frequent and ongoing peer–to–peer engagement.
- Objective: 4.5 The modes and outcomes for student interaction are clearly communicated.
QLT Section 6: Technology for Teaching and Learning
- Objective: 6.1 The tools and media facilitate achievement of course learning objectives/outcomes.
- Objective: 6.2 Technological tools and resources used in the course enable student engagement and active learning.
- Material Type: Discussion
- Author: Natalie Thompson , Instructor
- Institution: California State University, Bakersfield
- Date Created: 2021-08-15
- Course Format: Online
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 5: Learning Activities and Learner Interaction
- Standard: 5.2 Learning activities provide opportunities for interaction that support active learning.
- Standard: 5.4 The requirements for learner interaction are clearly stated.
- QM General Standard 6: Course Technology
- Standard: 6.1 The tools used in the course support the learning objectives.
- Standard: 6.3 A variety of technology is used in the course.