Small Group Discussion for Synchronous Webconference Class Session
Cheryl Brandt, an Instructor at CSU San Bernardino, uses a problem-based seminar discussion prompt during synchronous sessions in Zoom to increase peer-to-peer interaction. During the sessions, each small group captures their plan for sharing with the entire class using Jamboard.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 4: Student Interaction and Community
- Objective: 4.4 Learning activities facilitate and support active learning that encourages frequent and ongoing peer–to–peer engagement.
QLT Section 6: Technology for Teaching and Learning
- Objective: 6.1 The tools and media facilitate achievement of course learning objectives/outcomes.
- Objective: 6.2 Technological tools and resources used in the course enable student engagement and active learning.
- Material Type: Discussion
- Author: Cheryl Brandt , Instructor
- Institution: California State University, San Bernardino
- Date Created: 2021-08-11
- Course Format: Hybrid / Blended
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 5: Learning Activities and Learner Interaction
- Standard: 5.2 Learning activities provide opportunities for interaction that support active learning.
- QM General Standard 6: Course Technology
- Standard: 6.1 The tools used in the course support the learning objectives or competencies.
- Standard: 6.3 A variety of technology is used in the course.