Course Home Page With Accessible Icons
Kanwaljit Dulai, an Instructor from CSU Stanislaus, creates a home page with accessible button icons as evidenced by the green Ally gauge. The first five buttons link to important course pages with resources commonly visited by students. The last five buttons are proprietary to this course and link through to the five unit modules.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 1: Course Overview and Introduction
- Objective: 1.1 Instructor uses course environment to provide clear and detailed instructions for students to begin accessing all course components, such as syllabus, course calendar, assignments, and other course materials.
QLT Section 8: Accessibility and Universal Design
- Objective: 8.3 Course design, documents, and learning materials created by the instructor or from external sources are in formats that are accessible to students using assistive technologies. A “met” score does not imply that all materials are fully accessible to all students, but that 85% or more of the materials meet general standards for accessibility.
- Material Type: Canvas Homepage
- Author: Kanwaljit Dulai , Instructor
- Institution: California State University, Stanislaus
- Date Created: 2021-08-15
- Course Format: Online
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 1: Course Overview and Introduction
- Standard: 1.1 Instructions make clear how to get started and where to find various course components.
- QM General Standard 7: Learner Support
- Standard: 7.2 Course instructions articulate or link to the institution’s accessibility policies and services.
- QM General Standard 8: Accessibility and Usability
- Standard: 8.3 The course provides accessible text and images in files, documents, LMS pages, and web pages to meet the needs of diverse learners.