Clear Homepage Navigation with Accessible Icons
Manuel Diaz, an Instructor from Cal Poly Pomona, shares a homepage that is clear and accessible with button icons as evidenced by the Ally "green" indicators in the bottom left of each image. Home page has a clear instructor welcome, followed by buttons to access the syllabus, scholar cafe, and weekly module buttons.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 1: Course Overview and Introduction
- Objective: 1.1 Instructor uses course environment to provide clear and detailed instructions for students to begin accessing all course components, such as syllabus, course calendar, assignments, and other course materials.
QLT Section 8: Accessibility and Universal Design
- Objective: 8.3 Course design, documents, and learning materials created by the instructor or from external sources are in formats that are accessible to students using assistive technologies. A “met” score does not imply that all materials are fully accessible to all students, but that 85% or more of the materials meet general standards for accessibility.
- Material Type: Home page
- Author: Manuel Diaz , Instructor
- Institution: California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
- Date Created: 2021-08-15
- Course Format: Hybrid / Blended
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 1: Course Overview and Introduction
- Standard: 1.1 Instructions make clear how to get started and where to find various course components.
- QM General Standard 7: Learner Support
- Standard: 7.2 Course instructions articulate or link to the institution’s accessibility policies and services.
- QM General Standard 8: Accessibility and Usability
- Standard: 8.3 The course provides accessible text and images in files, documents, LMS pages, and web pages to meet the needs of diverse learners.