INFO 284 Digital Curation Syllabus
This syllabus has an expanded discussion of policy and supports, as well as an explanation of the instructor's approach to accommodation. The syllabus also explains the course environment, expectations around inclusion and equity, and explicitly invites students to participate in office hours.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 1: Course Overview and Introduction
- Objective: 1.5 Academic integrity or “code of ethics” is defined. Related institutional policies for students to adhere are clearly stated and/or links to those policies (e.g., online catalog; institution web page) is provided.
QLT Section 8: Accessibility and Universal Design
- Objective: 8.1 Course design and activities enact the core principles of Universal Design for Learning by incorporating multiple means of representation, action and expression, and engagement. Accessibility is therefore embedded in the course design rather than a reactive accommodation for those with registered disabilities.
- Objective: 8.3 Course design, documents, and learning materials created by the instructor or from external sources are in formats that are accessible to students using assistive technologies. A “met” score does not imply that all materials are fully accessible to all students, but that 85% or more of the materials meet general standards for accessibility.
- Material Type: Tutorial
- Author: Darra Hofman, Instructor
- Institution: San Jose State University
- Date Created: 2021-08-02
- Course Format: Online
- LMS: Canvas
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 1: Course Overview and Introduction
- Standard: 1.4 Course and institutional policies with which the learner is expected to comply are clearly stated within the course, or a link to current policies is provided.Learners are introduced to the purpose and structure of the course.
- QM General Standard 3: Assessment and Measurement
- Standard: 3.4 The assessments used are sequenced, varied, and suited to the level of the course.
- QM General Standard 7: Learner Support
- Standard: 7.2 Course instructions articulate or link to the institution’s accessibility policies and services.
- QM General Standard 8: Accessibility and Usability
- Standard: 8.1 Course navigation facilitates ease of use.
- Standard: 8.3 The course provides accessible text and images in files, documents, LMS pages, and web pages to meet the needs of diverse learners.