Video Walkthrough of Course and an Activity
Video created using Camtasia to show students steps to view a video of an article posted on Canvas. The video shows students how to download content in different formats so that it is more accessible and provides options for accessing lesson content.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 1: Course Overview and Introduction
- Objective: 1.1 Instructor uses course environment to provide clear and detailed instructions for students to begin accessing all course components, such as syllabus, course calendar, assignments, and other course materials.
QLT Section 3: Instructional Materials and Resources
- Objective: 3.5 There is a variety of instructional material types that lead to more UDL/access and student engagement, while not overly relying on one content type such as text.
QLT Section 8: Accessibility and Universal Design
- Objective: 8.2 The syllabus must include links to the campus’ disability support services resources and policy related to the accessibility of courses and/or instructional materials and may be included in the LMS whether it is required or recommended by the institution. Students can clearly ascertain the role of the instructor in providing support for those officially registered with the campus disability support services office.
- Material Type: Tutorial
- Author: Nanci Carr, Instructor
- Institution: California State University, Northridge
- Date Created: 2020-02-03
- Course Format: Online, Hybrid / Blended
- LMS: Canvas
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 1: Course Overview and Introduction
- Standard: 1.1 Instructions make clear how to get started and where to find various course components.
- QM General Standard 4: Instructional Materials
- Standard: 4.5 A variety of instructional materials is used in the course.
- QM General Standard 7: Learner Support
- Standard: 7.2 Course instructions articulate or link to the institution’s accessibility policies and services.