Complex Infographic Description
Glenn Pillsbury, an Instructional Designer at CSU Stanislaus, provided this resource as an example of an alternate description of a complex infographic. The infographic describes the interconnected pathways that comprise the health care system in the United States. A simple alt text description would be insufficient and so a more detailed long description was created.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 8: Accessibility and Universal Design
- Objective: 8.3 Course design, documents, and learning materials created by the instructor or from external sources are in formats that are accessible to students using assistive technologies. A “met” score does not imply that all materials are fully accessible to all students, but that 85% or more of the materials meet general standards for accessibility.
- Material Type: Illustration / Graphic
- Author: Glenn Pillsbury , Instructional Designer / Developer
- Institution: California State University, Stanislaus
- Date Created: 2022-09-20
- Course Format: Online
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 7: Learner Support
- Standard: 7.2 Course instructions articulate or link to the institution’s accessibility policies and services.
- QM General Standard 8: Accessibility and Usability
- Standard: 8.3 Text in the course is accessible.
- Standard: 8.4 Images in the course are accessible.