Discussion Board Rubric
Nik Tehrani, an Instructor at San Jose State University, developed a rubric used for all discussion board assignments. The rubric helps clarify any vague information and helps students understand the expectations. The goal of the rubric is to help students self-improve and inspire better student performance.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 2: Assessment of Student Learning
- Objective: 2.4 The assessment instruments (e.g., rubrics, grading sheets) are detailed and appropriate to the student work and respective outcomes being assessed. This includes assessing modes of online participation and contributions.
- Material Type: Discussion
- Author: Nik Tehrani , Instructor
- Institution: San Jose State University
- Date Created: 2022-10-21
- Course Format: Online
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 3: Assessment and Measurement
- Standard: 3.1 The assessments measure the achievement of the stated learning objectives.
- Standard: 3.3 Specific and descriptive criteria are provided for the evaluation of learners’ work, and their connection to the course grading policy is clearly explained.
- Standard: 3.4 The course includes multiple types of assessments that are sequenced and suited to the level of the course.