Syllabus - Access and Accommodation Statement
Maureen Smith, an Instructor at San Jose State University, includes the following statement in her syllabus that provides students with a clear explanation of her role in supporting students with a link to the campus disability support services office. In her statement, she welcomes students to talk to her at any point in the semester about course design concerns.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 8: Accessibility and Universal Design
- Objective: 8.2 The syllabus must include links to the campus’ disability support services resources and policy related to the accessibility of courses and/or instructional materials and may be included in the LMS whether it is required or recommended by the institution. Students can clearly ascertain the role of the instructor in providing support for those officially registered with the campus disability support services office.
- Material Type: Syllabus
- Author: Maureen Smith , Instructor
- Institution: San Jose State University
- Date Created: 2022-11-01
- Course Format: Online
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 7: Learner Support
- Standard: 7.2 Course instructions articulate or link to the institution’s accessibility policies and services.