Using Cultural Background Experiences to Develop a Collage
Matt Hopson-Walker, an Instructor from Fresno State, developed a lesson where students use their cultural background experiences to develop a collage creating an original image in an art class.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 5: Facilitation and Instruction
- Objective: 5.4 The instructor empowers students with choices to encourage the exploration of new concepts and new perspectives through the course experience.
- Objective: 5.9 The course resources, student tasks, activities, assessments, and instructional strategies build upon students’ individual strengths and assets as it pertains to their cultural and linguistic backgrounds and funds of knowledge.
Opening Collage Assignment Lecture Notes in new window or tab.Collage Assignment Lecture Notes This link will take you to an external website in a new tab. Collage Assignment DescriptionThis link will open a Word document. (docx)
- Material Type: Assignment
- Author: Matt Hopson-Walker , Instructor
- Institution: California State University, Fresno
- Date Created: 2022-11-02
- Course Format: Online