Student Generated Discussion Topic as a Formative Assessment
Instructor Archana Mohan from Fresno State, uses a discussion assignment where students are asked to generate two questions based on their knowledge of the functions and parts of a microscope. This assignment facilitates peer-to-peer interaction and prompt feedback
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 2: Assessment of Student Learning
- Objective: 2.5 Throughout the semester, the instructor provides multiple opportunities to give feedback on students’ learning, and to help students "self-check" their learning.
- Material Type: Discussion
- Author: Archana Mohan , Instructor
- Institution: California State University, Fresno
- Date Created: 2022-12-13
- Course Format: Online
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 3: Assessment and Measurement
- Standard: 3.5 The course provides learners with multiple opportunities to track their learning progress with timely feedback.