Windshield Survey Assignment
Michelle Dang and Lyndsay Anderson, Instructors from Sacramento State University, adapted an assignment for an online course using Flipgrid to have students present their community assessments from the lens of a public health nurse.
QM Standards Met
QM General Standard 3: Assessment and Measurement
- Standard: 3.1 The assessments measure the achievement of the stated learning objectives.
QM General Standard 5: Learning Activities and Learner Interaction
- Standard: 5.1 The learning activities help learners achieve the stated objectives.
- Standard: 5.2 Learning activities provide opportunities for interaction that support active learning.
- Standard: 5.4 The requirements for learner interaction are clearly stated.
QM General Standard 6: Course Technology
- Standard: 6.1 The tools used in the course support the learning objectives.
- Standard: 6.2 Course tools promote learner engagement and active learning.
Opening Windshield Assignment Instructions by Faculty in new window or tab.Windshield Assignment Instructions by Faculty This link will take you to an external website in a new tab.
- Material Type: Assignment
- Author: Michelle Dang , Instructor
- Institution: Sacramento State University
- Date Created: 2023-02-28
QLT Objective Equivalents
- QLT Section 2: Assessment of Student Learning
- Objective: 2.3 The learning activities (including the assignments and ungraded activities) must align to the course or module SLOs and promote or reference the specific SLO to be achieved.
- Objective: 2.4 The assessment instruments (e.g., rubrics) are detailed and appropriate to the student work and respective outcomes being assessed. This includes assessing modes of online participation and contributions.
- QLT Section 4: Student Interaction and Community
- Objective: 4.4 Learning activities facilitate and support active learning that encourages frequent and ongoing peer–to–peer engagement.
- Objective: 4.5 The modes and outcomes for student interaction are clearly communicated.
- QLT Section 6: Technology for Teaching and Learning
- Objective: 6.1 Tools and media support the course learning objectives/outcomes.
- Objective: 6.3 The instructor provides clear information regarding access to the technology and related resources required in the course.