Cardinal Directions Activity in Arabic using VoiceThread
Sumaya Bezrati, Instructor from California State University, Channel Islands, uses VoiceThread to have students practice giving cardinal directions in her Arabic 101 class. This is an active learning assignment in which students record themselves describing a country's location in Arabic and other students have to guess which country they are talking about. Through this activity, students become familiar with the names and locations of countries in the Arab World and are able to practice their speaking and listening skills in a fun and interactive way.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 3: Instructional Materials and Resources
- Objective: 3.5 There is a variety of instructional material types that lead to more UDL/access and student engagement, while not overly relying on one content type such as text.
QLT Section 4: Student Interaction and Community
- Objective: 4.4 Learning activities facilitate and support active learning that encourages frequent and ongoing peer–to–peer engagement.
QLT Section 6: Technology for Teaching and Learning
- Objective: 6.1 The tools and media facilitate achievement of course learning objectives/outcomes.
- Objective: 6.2 Technological tools and resources used in the course enable student engagement and active learning.
- Objective: 6.5 The media used in the course exhibits adequate visual and/or sound quality and promotes ease of use for the learner
- Material Type: Assignment
- Author: Sumaya Bezrati , Instructor
- Institution: California State University, Channel Islands
- Date Created: 2023-05-04
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 4: Instructional Materials
- Standard: 4.5 A variety of instructional materials is used in the course.
- QM General Standard 5: Learning Activities and Learner Interaction
- Standard: 5.2 Learning activities provide opportunities for interaction that support active learning.
- QM General Standard 6: Course Technology
- Standard: 6.1 The tools used in the course support the learning objectives.
- Standard: 6.3 A variety of technology is used in the course.