Using VoiceThread to Create a Presentation for a Spanish Project
Samanta de Frutos García, an Instructor of Spanish at CSU Channel Islands, created a final project assignment for SPAN 102: Elementary Spanish II. The template provides guidelines for students to create a VoiceThread presentation using vocabulary, grammatical constructions, and cultural knowledge learned in this course using the free Spanish textbook Libro Libre. This project assesses students’ ability to answer questions and report orally to demonstrate basic functional proficiency in Spanish, talk about familiar topics, compare and contrast cultural similarities and differences between the United States and Spanish-speaking countries, and present the information and cultural insights gained through the TalkAbroad sessions. This can be modified to fit any class.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 3: Instructional Materials and Resources
- Objective: 3.3 The instructor articulates the purpose of all materials as to how they are related to the course and module learning objectives.
- Objective: 3.5 There is a variety of instructional material types that lead to more UDL/access and student engagement, while not overly relying on one content type such as text.
QLT Section 4: Student Interaction and Community
- Objective: 4.4 Learning activities facilitate and support active learning that encourages frequent and ongoing peer–to–peer engagement.
QLT Section 5: Facilitation and Instruction
- Objective: 5.2 The instructor clearly helps students make connections between the content and the course activities, and how their life experience and mastery of concepts gained in the course will integrate into their college degree, future career, and role as a global citizen.
- Material Type: Assignment
- Author: Samanta de Frutos Garcia , Instructor
- Institution: California State University, Channel Islands
- Date Created: 2023-05-01
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 4: Instructional Materials
- Standard: 4.1 The instructional materials contribute to the achievement of the stated learning objectives.
- Standard: 4.2 The relationship between the use of instructional materials in the course and completion of learning activities and assessments is clearly explained.
- Standard: 4.5 A variety of instructional materials is used in the course.
- QM General Standard 5: Learning Activities and Learner Interaction
- Standard: 5.2 Learning activities provide opportunities for interaction that support active learning.