Active Learning Video with Playposit
Vida Vakilian, an Instructor from California State University, Channel Islands, designed active learning questions and incorporated them into her recorded video on Number Systems and DeMorgan's Laws. These questions will be presented to students as they view their asynchronous lecture videos, which are accessible through Canvas and an online platform called Playposit. Playposit allows for the integration of questions into pre-recorded lecture videos, providing a tool for interactive learning.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 2: Assessment of Student Learning
- Objective: 2.5 Throughout the semester, the instructor provides multiple opportunities to give feedback on students’ learning, and to help students "self-check" their learning.
QLT Section 6: Technology for Teaching and Learning
- Objective: 6.2 Technological tools and resources used in the course enable student engagement and active learning.
- Objective: 6.5 The media used in the course exhibits adequate visual and/or sound quality and promotes ease of use for the learner
- Material Type: Video
- Author: Vida Vakilian , Instructor
- Institution: California State University, Channel Islands
- Date Created: 2023-05-08
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 3: Assessment and Measurement
- Standard: 3.5 The types and timing of assessments provide learners with multiple opportunities to track their learning progress with timely feedback.
- QM General Standard 6: Course Technology
- Standard: 6.3 A variety of technology is used in the course.