The Project Approach: Creating a STEM Focused Learner Bulb
Regan Bynder, Instructor from California State University, Channel Islands, created an interactive assignment supporting learner engagement with Playposit. Students will select 1 of the 4 videos provided, develop 3-5 questions they can ask about teacher practices, techniques, and activities used to support integration of science, technology, engineering and math concepts throughout the video, and create a learner bulb with their questions for peers to respond to.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 3: Instructional Materials and Resources
- Objective: 3.5 There is a variety of instructional material types that lead to more UDL/access and student engagement, while not overly relying on one content type such as text.
QLT Section 4: Student Interaction and Community
- Objective: 4.4 Learning activities facilitate and support active learning that encourages frequent and ongoing peer–to–peer engagement.
QLT Section 5: Facilitation and Instruction
- Objective: 5.4 The instructor empowers students with choices to encourage the exploration of new concepts and new perspectives through the course experience.
- Material Type: Assignment
- Author: Regan Bynder , Instructor
- Institution: California State University, Channel Islands
- Date Created: 2023-05-17
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 4: Instructional Materials
- Standard: 4.5 A variety of instructional materials is used in the course.
- QM General Standard 5: Learning Activities and Learner Interaction
- Standard: 5.2 Learning activities provide opportunities for interaction that support active learning.