On-Demand, Interactive, PlayPosit Video Tutorials on Searching Library Databases
Breeann Austin, the Instruction and Assessment Librarian from California State University, Channel Islands created active learning questions relevant to database searching and the research process. Using PlayPosit, these questions were embedded into two video tutorials on how to search library databases. These embedded questions allow students to actively engage with the videos and self-check their understanding of the material. Additionally, a questions template was created so librarians could reuse the questions in future video tutorials and instruction sessions.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 3: Instructional Materials and Resources
- Objective: 3.5 There is a variety of instructional material types that lead to more UDL/access and student engagement, while not overly relying on one content type such as text.
QLT Section 6: Technology for Teaching and Learning
- Objective: 6.2 Technological tools and resources used in the course enable student engagement and active learning.
- Material Type: Video
- Author: Breeann Austin , Instructor
- Institution: California State University, Channel Islands
- Date Created: 2023-06-16
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 4: Instructional Materials
- Standard: 4.5 A variety of instructional materials is used in the course.
- QM General Standard 6: Course Technology
- Standard: 6.3 A variety of technology is used in the course.