Active Learning Using PlayPosit to Learn About the Aztecs
Carlos Figueroa Beltran, Instructor from San Diego State, created a five-question video quiz using PlayPosit to learn more about one of the most outstanding civilizations of the Americas. Although little recognized, the Aztecs excelled in education, technology, and sustainability. This is an example of how they transformed their environment to build one of the greatest cities of all times.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 3: Instructional Materials and Resources
- Objective: 3.4 There is a variety of instructional materials with diverse perspectives.
- Objective: 3.5 There is a variety of instructional material types that lead to more UDL/access and student engagement, while not overly relying on one content type such as text.
QLT Section 6: Technology for Teaching and Learning
- Objective: 6.2 Technological tools and resources used in the course enable student engagement and active learning.
- Material Type: Video
- Author: Carlos Figueroa Beltran , Instructor
- Institution: San Diego State University
- Date Created: 2023-08-03
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 4: Instructional Materials
- Standard: 4.5 A variety of instructional materials is used in the course.
- QM General Standard 6: Course Technology
- Standard: 6.3 A variety of technology is used in the course.