Ratios for Case Analysis using Voice Thread
Chacko Kannothra, Instructor from California State University Dominguez Hills, created a voice thread assignment to help online learners to revise financial and accounting ratios that may be used for case analysis in the strategic management capstone course. The assignment requires students to watch a voice thread (external video) and answer questions provided with the voice thread. Students can submit their responses in multiple formats including audio, video, text, or even upload a file with their responses. This voice thread can be assigned at the beginning of the semester to revisit some of the concepts that students learned in earlier semesters, and used extensively in the capstone course for analysis. Please note that the external video used for this voice thread was recorded by Prof. Melissa Schilling and is available on YouTube.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 3: Instructional Materials and Resources
- Objective: 3.5 There is a variety of instructional material types that lead to more UDL/access and student engagement, while not overly relying on one content type such as text.
QLT Section 4: Student Interaction and Community
- Objective: 4.4 Learning activities facilitate and support active learning that encourages frequent and ongoing peer–to–peer engagement.
QLT Section 6: Technology for Teaching and Learning
- Objective: 6.2 Technological tools and resources used in the course enable student engagement and active learning.
- Objective: 6.5 The media used in the course exhibits adequate visual and/or sound quality and promotes ease of use for the learner
- Material Type: Assignment
- Author: Chacko Kannothra, Instructor
- Institution: California State University, Dominguez Hills
- Date Created: 2023-09-28
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 4: Instructional Materials
- Standard: 4.5 A variety of instructional materials is used in the course.
- QM General Standard 5: Learning Activities and Learner Interaction
- Standard: 5.2 Learning activities provide opportunities for interaction that support active learning.
- QM General Standard 6: Course Technology
- Standard: 6.3 A variety of technology is used in the course.