Google Earth Mapping - Map Your Memorials
Tabitha Hart, an Instructor at San Jose State University, developed a peer activity using Google Earth. While engaged in peer-to-peer interaction, students use a shared Google Earth map to collaboratively create an interactive tour of memorial sites in Berlin, Germany.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 4: Student Interaction and Community
- Objective: 4.4 Learning activities facilitate and support active learning that encourages frequent and ongoing peer–to–peer engagement.
QLT Section 6: Technology for Teaching and Learning
- Objective: 6.2 Technological tools and resources used in the course enable student engagement and active learning.
- Material Type: Assignment
- Author: Tabitha Hart, Instructor
- Institution: San Jose State University
- Date Created: 2021-02-14
- Course Format: Online
- LMS: Canvas
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 5: Learning Activities and Learner Interaction
- Standard: 5.2 Learning activities provide opportunities for interaction that support active learning.
- QM General Standard 6: Course Technology
- Standard: 6.3 A variety of technology is used in the course.