Collaborative Lab Experiment
This activity is designed for online lab students to team up with two peers to collaborate in the performance of an experiment and a lab report write up. It requires the use of simple equipment from a student lab kit, a worksheet created by the instructor, and instructor-created templates in Google Docs, Jamboard and Google Sheets.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 4: Student Interaction and Community
- Objective: 4.4 Learning activities facilitate and support active learning that encourages frequent and ongoing peer–to–peer engagement.
- Objective: 4.5 The modes and outcomes for student interaction are clearly communicated.
QLT Section 6: Technology for Teaching and Learning
- Objective: 6.3 The instructor provides clear information regarding access to the technology and related resources required in the course.
- Material Type: Assignment
- Author: Cynthia Trevisan, Professor
- Institution: California Maritime Academy
- Date Created: 2021-02-19
- Course Format: Online
- LMS: Desire2Learn
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 5: Learning Activities and Learner Interaction
- Standard: 5.2 Learning activities provide opportunities for interaction that support active learning.
- Standard: 5.4 The requirements for learner interaction are clearly stated.
- QM General Standard 6: Course Technology
- Standard: 6.2 Course tools promote learner engagement and active learning.