Collaborative Lab Experiment
Professor Cynthia Trevisan, from California Maritime Academy, designed this activity for online lab students to team up with two peers to collaborate in the performance of an experiment and a lab report write up. It requires the use of simple equipment from a student lab kit, a worksheet created by the instructor, and instructor-created templates in Google Docs, Jamboard and Google Sheets.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 4: Student Interaction and Community
- Objective: 4.4 Learning activities facilitate and support active learning that encourages frequent and ongoing peer–to–peer engagement.
- Objective: 4.5 The modes and outcomes for student interaction are clearly communicated.
QLT Section 6: Technology for Teaching and Learning
- Objective: 6.3 The instructor provides clear information regarding access to the technology and related resources required in the course.
- Material Type: Assignment
- Author: Cynthia Trevisan, Professor
- Institution: California Maritime Academy
- Date Created: 2021-02-19
- Course Format: Online
- LMS: Canvas
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 5: Learning Activities and Learner Interaction
- Standard: 5.2 Learning activities provide opportunities for interaction that support active learning.
- Standard: 5.4 The requirements for learner interaction are clearly stated.
- QM General Standard 6: Course Technology
- Standard: 6.2 Course tools promote learner engagement and active learning.