Rubric for APA-formatted Report
Kelly Bennion, an Instructor at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, developed a rubric that contains 5 categories and descriptions for each of the 5 criteria, along with the weighting, for an APA formatted paper. The exemplar will serve as a helpful example for others creating rubrics for papers that have a scientific, reflective, and APA-formatting component.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 2: Assessment of Student Learning
- Objective: 2.4 The assessment instruments (e.g., rubrics, grading sheets) are detailed and appropriate to the student work and respective outcomes being assessed. This includes assessing modes of online participation and contributions.
- Material Type: Assessment Tool
- Author: Kelly Bennion , Instructor
- Institution: California State Polytechnic University, San Luis Obispo
- Date Created: 2021-02-20
- Course Format: Online
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 3: Assessment and Measurement
- Standard: 3.1 The assessments measure the achievement of the stated learning objectives.
- Standard: 3.3 Specific and descriptive criteria are provided for the evaluation of learners’ work, and their connection to the course grading policy is clearly explained.
- Standard: 3.4 The course includes multiple types of assessments that are sequenced and suited to the level of the course.