QLT-Friendly Home Page
This homepage was designed to provide clear and detailed instructions for students to access course content. The intuitive layout includes buttons and links to course modules, a short video introducing the instructor, and 'Quick Link' buttons to frequently accessed course components.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 1: Course Overview and Introduction
- Objective: 1.1 Instructor uses course environment to provide clear and detailed instructions for students to begin accessing all course components, such as syllabus, course calendar, assignments, and support files
- Objective: 1.2 Detailed instructor information is available to students and includes multiple formats for being contacted by students, availability information, brief biographical information, and a picture of the instructor.
- Objective: 1.3 Course description includes the purpose and format of the course, as well as prerequisite knowledge and competencies, if applicable.
- Material Type: Course Home Page
- Author: Debra Hunter, Instructor
- Institution: San Jose State University
- Date Created: 2021-02-21
- Course Format: Online
- LMS: Canvas
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 1: Course Overview and Introduction
- Standard: 1.1 Instructions make clear how to get started and where to find various course components.
- Standard: 1.2 Learners are introduced to the purpose and structure of the course.
- Standard: 1.7 Expectations for prerequisite knowledge in the discipline and/or any required competencies are clearly stated.
- Standard: 1.8 The self–introduction by the instructor is professional and is available online.