Using VoiceThread for Peer to Peer Engagement
As a way of engaging students in more discussion and using more of the Blackboard tools available, Voicethread was used to record lectures into several “slides.” Text, voice, as well as a YouTube video, were used to make connections to the information being presented. The screenshot shows that students responded to each other as well as to the general information. The lines between names indicate a “threaded” conversation, meaning they were talking to each other.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 4: Student Interaction and Community
- Objective: 4.4 Learning activities facilitate and support active learning that encourages frequent and ongoing peer–to–peer engagement.
- Material Type: Video
- Author: Miriam Fernandez, Instructor
- Institution: California State University, San Bernardino
- Date Created: 2021-02-17
- Course Format: Online
- LMS: Blackboard
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 5: Learning Activities and Learner Interaction
- Standard: 5.2 Learning activities provide opportunities for interaction that support active learning.