Active Learning with Videos
Prakash Dheeriya, an Instructor from CSU Dominguez Hills, uses Camtasia to create a video with imbedded questions. Embedding questions within the video gives students an opportunity to check for understanding and transforms a traditional lecture into an active learning experience.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 4: Student Interaction and Community
- Objective: 4.4 Learning activities facilitate and support active learning that encourages frequent and ongoing peer–to–peer engagement.
QLT Section 6: Technology for Teaching and Learning
- Objective: 6.2 Technological tools and resources used in the course enable student engagement and active learning.
Opening Active Learning with an Instructional Video in new window or tab.Active Learning with an Instructional VideoThis link will take you to an external website in a new tab.
- Material Type: Video
- Author: Prakash Dheeriya , Instructor
- Institution: California State University, Dominguez Hills
- Date Created: 2021-02-14
- Course Format: Online
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 5: Learning Activities and Learner Interaction
- Standard: 5.2 Learning activities provide opportunities for interaction that support active learning.
- QM General Standard 6: Course Technology
- Standard: 6.3 A variety of technology is used in the course.