Using TedEd for Active Learning
TedEd is a resource instructors can use to incorporate video learning and creation of their own instructional material via Q&A, adding in-depth resources on the topic, and having a discussion board with the learners.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 6: Technology for Teaching and Learning
- Objective: 6.2 Technological tools and resources used in the course enable student engagement and active learning.
- Objective: 6.3 The instructor provides clear information regarding access to the technology and related resources required in the course.
- Objective: 6.4 Acceptable technological formats for assignment completion and submissions have been articulated.
Opening Assignment: Can you Change Your Perception in Four Minutes by Pari Majd in new window or tab.Assignment: Can you Change Your Perception in Four Minutes by Pari MajdThis link will take you to an external website in a new tab.
- Material Type: Assignment
- Author: Sharonda Bishop, Instructor
- Institution: California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
- Date Created: 2021-02-15
- Course Format: Hybrid / Blended
- LMS: Blackboard
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 1: Course Overview and Introduction
- Standard: 1.5 Minimum technology requirements for the course are clearly stated, and information on how to obtain the technologies is provided.
- QM General Standard 6: Course Technology
- Standard: 6.2 Course tools promote learner engagement and active learning.
- Standard: 6.3 A variety of technology is used in the course.