Using TEDEd for Active Learning
Sharonda Bishop, Instructor from Cal Poly Pomona, uses TEDEd to incorporate video learning of instructional material via Q&A, adding in-depth resources on the topic, and having a discussion board with the learners.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 4: Student Interaction and Community
- Objective: 4.4 Learning activities facilitate and support active learning that encourages frequent and ongoing peer–to–peer engagement.
QLT Section 6: Technology for Teaching and Learning
- Objective: 6.2 Technological tools and resources used in the course enable student engagement and active learning.
Opening Assignment: TedEd Lesson Using Active Learning in new window or tab.Assignment: TedEd Lesson Using Active LearningThis link will take you to an external website in a new tab.
- Material Type: Assignment
- Author: Sharonda Bishop , Instructor
- Institution: California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
- Date Created: 2021-02-15
- Course Format: Hybrid / Blended
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 5: Learning Activities and Learner Interaction
- Standard: 5.2 Learning activities provide opportunities for interaction that support active learning.
- QM General Standard 6: Course Technology
- Standard: 6.3 A variety of technology is used in the course.