TED Ed Lesson for Research Course
This is a TedEd Lesson introducing the differences between qualitative and quantitative research. This lesson uses a short video instead of an assigned reading with embedded questions and a group discussion to support active learning and engagement.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 3: Instructional Materials and Resources Utilized
- Objective: 3.5 There is a variety of instructional material types and perspectives, while not overly relying on one content type such as text.
QLT Section 4: Student Interaction and Community
- Objective: 4.4 Learning activities facilitate and support active learning that encourages frequent and ongoing peer–to–peer engagement.
Opening TEDEd Lesson: Quantitative vs. Qualitative Research in new window or tab.TEDEd Lesson: Quantitative vs. Qualitative ResearchThis link will take you to an external website in a new tab.
- Material Type: Video
- Author: Robin Whitney, Instructor
- Institution: San Jose State University
- Date Created: 2021-02-17
- Course Format: Hybrid / Blended
- LMS: Canvas
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 4: Instructional Materials
- Standard: 4.5 A variety of instructional materials is used in the course.
- QM General Standard 5: Learning Activities and Learner Interaction
- Standard: 5.2 Learning activities provide opportunities for interaction that support active learning.