Partner Discussions on VoiceThread
Raelynne Hale, an Instructor at CSU Fullerton, uses VoiceThread to allow students to engage in audio/video discussions with partners in an asynchronous environment without having to create separate discussion boards or threads for each pair. The example includes instructions, prompts, and how to set up the discussion in VoiceThread. This activity can be easily adapted and used for any course that has students partner and discuss a theme, topic, article, or other course material.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 4: Student Interaction and Community
- Objective: 4.4 Learning activities facilitate and support active learning that encourages frequent and ongoing peer–to–peer engagement.
QLT Section 6: Technology for Teaching and Learning
- Objective: 6.2 Technological tools and resources used in the course enable student engagement and active learning.
- Material Type: Discussion
- Author: Raelynne Hale , Instructor
- Institution: California State University, Fullerton
- Date Created: 2021-03-16
- Course Format: Online
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 5: Learning Activities and Learner Interaction
- Standard: 5.2 Learning activities provide opportunities for interaction that support active learning.
- QM General Standard 6: Course Technology
- Standard: 6.3 A variety of technology is used in the course.