Building a Dynamic Discussion
In this discussion, students are given the option to include a video that shows a project from their workplace. This option creates a more enriching experience as students also expand their technology use to achieve the objective. Due to bandwidth issues with the student population, it's important to keep the text response as an option as well.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 6: Technology for Teaching and Learning
- Objective: 6.3 Technological tools and resources used in the course enable student engagement and active learning.
- Objective: 6.4 Instructor provides clear information regarding access to the technology and related resources required in the course.
- Objective: 6.5 Acceptable technological formats for assignment completion and submissions have been articulated.
- Material Type: Assignment
- Author: Nicole Runyon, Instructor
- Institution: California Maritime Academy
- Date Created: 2021-03-19
- Course Format: Online
- LMS: Desire2Learn
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 1: Course Overview and Introduction
- Standard: 1.5 Minimum technology requirements for the course are clearly stated, and information on how to obtain the technologies is provided.
- QM General Standard 6: Course Technology
- Standard: 6.2 Course tools promote learner engagement and active learning.