Rubric for Grading Short Essay Comparing Three Readings (Anthropology)
This rubric was developed for an assignment in an Anthropology course where students are asked to put into dialogue three topical readings within each module of an online class. The tool makes it clear to students the expectations for high marks and leaves room for instructor comments to guide improvement for future work.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 2: Assessment and Evaluation of Student Learning
- Objective: 2.4 The assessment instruments (e.g., rubrics) are detailed and appropriate to the student work and respective outcomes being assessed. This includes assessing modes of online participation and contributions.
- Material Type: Assessment Tool
- Author : Arianna Huhn, Instructor
- Institution: California State University, San Bernardino
- Date Created: 2021-03-15
- Course Format: Online
- LMS: Blackboard
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 3: Assessment and Measurement
- Standard: 3.1 The assessments measure the achievement of the stated learning objectives or competencies.
- Standard: 3.3 Specific and descriptive criteria are provided for the evaluation of learners’ work, and their connection to the course grading policy is clearly explained.
- Standard: 3.4 The assessments used are sequenced, varied, and suited to the level of the course.