Rubric for Grading Short Essay Comparing Three Readings (Anthropology)
Arianna Huhn, an Instructor from CSU San Bernardino, developed a rubric for an assignment in an Anthropology course where students are asked to summarize three topical readings within modules of an online class. The tool makes it clear to students the expectations for high marks and leaves room for instructor comments to guide improvement for future work.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 2: Assessment of Student Learning
- Objective: 2.4 The assessment instruments (e.g., rubrics, grading sheets) are detailed and appropriate to the student work and respective outcomes being assessed. This includes assessing modes of online participation and contributions.
- Material Type: Assessment Tool
- Author: Arianna Huhn , Instructor
- Institution: California State University, San Bernardino
- Date Created: 2021-03-15
- Course Format: Online
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 3: Assessment and Measurement
- Standard: 3.1 The assessments measure the achievement of the stated learning objectives.
- Standard: 3.3 Specific and descriptive criteria are provided for the evaluation of learners’ work, and their connection to the course grading policy is clearly explained.
- Standard: 3.4 The course includes multiple types of assessments that are sequenced and suited to the level of the course.