Welcome and Introduction Assignment (4.1)
This graded icebreaker activity uses Padlet as a way for students to get to know each other the first week of the course. In this introductory 'Meet and Greet' students create a post, with an optional picture, and share a little about themselves. This includes their pronouns, what they like to be called, as well as future goals. The students are asked to respond to their peers and the instructor also adds a post on the Padlet to get the conversations started.
QLT Objectives Met
QLT Section 4: Student Interaction and Community
- Objective: 4.1 At the beginning of the course, instructor provides an opportunity to have students self- introduce themselves to develop a sense of community.
- Material Type: Social Networking Tool
- Author: Amber Norwood, Instructor
- Institution: California State University, Northridge
- Date Created: 2021-01-11
- Course Format: Online
- LMS: Canvas
QM Standard Equivalents
- QM General Standard 1: Course Overview and Introduction
- Standard: 1.9 Learners are asked to introduce themselves to the class.